Build Virtual Reality Games
Week Six: July 15-19, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 6 through 9.
Dive into Virtual Reality (VR) development in our VR Games course by building your own VR games! You’ll learn VR fundamentals which include coding in C#, the mechanics of teleportation, light-baking basics, and so much more. You’ll also learn to work with controllers such as object-grabbing systems, and controller tracking. Virtual Reality is increasingly becoming part of our daily lives. The demand for VR is on the rise as well as the demand for VR developers!
Camp Outcomes: By the end of the week, your child will have built a VR Game! they will have learned coding in C#, the basic unity concepts, 3D game design and so much more. They will have gained transferable knowledge about game planning and design and they can use that as a stepping stone to become a well rounded game developer!
This camp presented with our partner, CodeWiz.
At a Glance:
- 1:10 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.