Join Our Staff
WHY WORK AT Summer at St. John's?
Up to 10 weeks of employment
Great resume builder
Amazing group of new colleagues
Opportunity for growth and promotion
Make a difference in the life of your campers!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/FAQ’S
- Need to be 16 years of age
- Valid working papers
- No certifications needed, unless you apply for a certification-specific job like lifeguard. We require that all staff get cpr certification- you can get it through us for free, or pay for it yourself.
- Must provide immunization records, and a current (within the last 18 months)physical or proof of state required vaccines to work with kids, and medically cleared to work to kids
- Staff training dates:
- Camp Management May 28- 31 4-7pm.
- Full Staff training June 3-7, 2024 from 4-7pm.
- Saturday June 8 9am-3pm- last day of training for all staff and our Open House.
- Assorted specialty trainings the week of June 10, 2024.
- This summer is a ten week session- we are looking for staff that can work at least six of those weeks. Preference will be given to folks who can work 7 or more weeks. Weeks 1, 2, and 4 are often lower enrollment weeks, and employment those weeks is not guaranteed.
- The work day is 8:45am – 4:15pm, with a half hour unpaid break that needs to happen on campus. We provide air conditioned, wifi enabled staff designated break spots. Staff meetings happen Tuesday mornings at 8am.
- Some leadership staff need a smartphone to access attendance files. Otherwise, we ask that phones be in your backpack unless you are on break.
- You’ll need to get a background fingerprint done (even if you have done it somewhere else before) and complete a cori. We’ll provide you with all the information that you need to get these done. Fingerprinting is done through Identigo, not your town hall.
- We’ll provide you with two staff shirts- you wear them each day unless you are in costume for a theme day. The rest of the uniform is “adventure ready” clothing- closed toe shoes (preferably sneakers), shorts long and loose enough to move comfortably, a swimsuit that is camp-friendly, hat, sunglasses.
- Applications accepted now! Interviews for new staff start early in February, and we hope to have the bulk of our hiring done by early April. Interviews available in person and via zoom!
- Interested candidates can apply here.