Game Design with GODOT
Week Seven: July 22-26, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 6 through 9
Gaming will never be the same again! In our 2D Game Design camp, you’ll use the popular GODOT platform to make your own realistic game assets. You’ll learn various techniques such as animation, modeling, texturing, and rendering complex models to make fun, multi-level games. At the end of the course, you will move from beginner to expert level!
Camp Outcomes: At the end of the week, each camper will have a completed project in Godot and be able to execute their game on their device. Campers will have learned many important skills of object oriented design, game design, scripting, animations, and problem solving skills.
This camp presented with our partner, CodeWiz.
At a Glance:
- 1:10 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.