Artificial Intelligence Adventures/Video Game Animation
Week Five: July 8-12, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 6-9
Two great programs this week with our partner, Black Rocket. We’ll do one program in the morning, and one in the afternoon- a full day of learning and fun!
AM Program: A.I. Adventures – Intro to Machine Learning
Explore the world of artificial intelligence to design fully interactive games and experiences using cutting-edge technology. This program combines artificial intelligence with coding to create an unforgettable learning adventure. Students will construct machine learning models that use image and text recognition within block-based coding software to build a portfolio of projects. Student-created projects will be available on a password-protected Black Rocket website to share with friends and family. Students will work in pairs or teams for most of the program.
PM Program: Video Game Animation
Bring your animations to life with design tools used by real game developers! Create sophisticated sprite animations using simple-to-learn techniques that you can use in any 2D editor. Squash, stretch, and shade your creations to make your characters pop! Students do not need any prior experience in game design, animation, or sketching. Student-created games will be available on a password-protected Black Rocket website to share with friends and family. Students will work in pairs or teams for most of the program.
- 1:10 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.