Week Seven: July 22-26, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 4 and 5
Are you eager to improve your public speaking and argument skills? Join our Speech and Debate class! This course covers speech events, including public address events where you create your speeches on different topics and interpretive events where you perform published material, perfect for acting and theater enthusiasts. You’ll also learn how to craft persuasive speeches and engage in debates on various subjects, enhancing your research, analysis, and communication abilities. This class will boost your speaking confidence and critical thinking, and no prior experience is required – just bring your curiosity and enthusiasm!
This camp presented with our partner, Vinyard App Camp.
At a Glance:
- 1:10 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.