Build, Modify, Code LEGO Amusement Thrill Rides & Stop Motion Animation
Week Four: July 1-3, 2024 (No Camp Thursday and Friday, July 4 and 5)
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering Grades 2-3
Become a master amusement park designer as we create Amusement Thrill Rides with Minecraft and LEGO. Students will use STEM principles to create and modify Merry Go Rounds, Teacups Rides, Tilt A Whirl, bumper cars and more. Each lesson will use gears and motors to learn about mechanical devices such as levers, wheels, and axles. During Minecraft time, students will design and create a Minecraft Tree House with ziplines, ladders and platforms. In the afternoon, students will create their own mini movie set, learn the parts of a story and create an animated movie using LEGO mini figures and other objects. The students will also learn how to edit their films, attach music, and add titles/credits using Professional Stop Animation software.
This program presented with our program partner LetGoYourMind.
At a Glance:
- 1:7 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.