Robotic Challenges, Stop Motion Animation and Minecraft
Week Four: July 1-3, 2024 (No Camp Thursday and Friday, July 4 and 5)
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering Grades 4-6
Join us as we design, build, modify, and program robots that interact, perform complex tasks and respond to challenges. Students will partner up and use LEGO® Robots to compete in challenges robot races, mazes and wiffle ball challenges. In addition, students will use Minecraft to design and create a Minecraft Tree House with ziplines, ladders and platforms, while integrating Redstone and Command Blocks. In the afternoon, students will create their own mini movie set, learn the parts of a story and create an animated movie using LEGO mini figures and other objects. The students will also learn how to edit their films, attach music, and add titles/credits using Professional Stop Animation software.
This camp presented with our partner, LetGoYourMind.
At a Glance:
- 1:7 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.