Inventor’s League/Bricks and Sticks
Week Nine: August 5- 9, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 2-3
Two great programs this week with our partner, Black Rocket. We’ll do one program in the morning, and one in the afternoon- a full day of learning and fun!
AM Programming: Inventor’s League – Prototyping for the Future!
Become an inventor of the future! Learn ‘rapid prototyping’ and problem solving as you conceptualize and design a product to solve a critical global issue. Each day begins with inspirational profiles of young inventors, such as the eleven-year-old who coded a robot to find victims of natural disasters. Next, research a problem to tackle in medicine, architecture, the environment, or a topic of your choosing. Once your vision is complete, learn how to draft 2D designs, create 3D models, and develop a website to pitch your ideas to the class. Student projects will be available on a password protected Black Rocket website to share with friends and family.
PM Programming: Bricks and Sticks Stop Animation
Create your own stop motion film!
Take your stop motion movies to the next level. First, create a story with Stikbots, Legos, action figures, or all three! Then, watch your story come to life using special stop motion software that allows you to add special effects and go beyond the typical software on a mobile device. Students will need to bring in figures, Stikbots, or Legos from home, but all other equipment will be provided. Student-created films will be available on a password protected website to share with friends and family.
This camp presented with our partner, Black Rocket.
At a Glance:
- 1:10 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.