Week Three: June 24- 28, 2024
Afternoon, 1:00pm- 4:00pm
For campers entering grades 6-9
Have you ever dreamed of creating a video game? In this course, we’ll dive into game development. Students will learn the fundamentals of game design, starting with HTML programming. During the course, we will use AI technology for storytelling and image creation, infusing unlimited options into game creation. We’ll also work on enhancing writing skills by coding trivia challenges and immersive choose-your-own-adventure games. Learners will have the opportunity to collaborate on a group game. Together, you’ll practice the techniques learned throughout the course to craft a game that can be shared with friends and family. You don’t need any previous experience or special software; you’ll only need your creativity and a laptop!
Want this program to run a full day, and be eligible for bus/lunch/extended day options? Sign up for the combined Hacking and Game Design program.
This camp presented with our partner Vinyard App Camp.
At a Glance:
- 1:10 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.