Minute to Win It Robotic Challenges, Stop Motion Animation and Sandbox Games
Week Five: July 8-12, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 4-6
Join us as we design, build, modify, and program robots that interact, perform complex tasks and respond to challenges. Students will partner up and use LEGO® Robots to compete in challenges Swept Away, Warbots and wiffle ball challenges. In addition, students will use Sandbox games to design and create their own castle with secret passageways, towers, moats, secret traps to catch intruders trespassing. In the afternoon, students will create their own mini movie set, learn the parts of a story and create an animated movie using LEGO mini figures and other objects. The students will also learn how to edit their films, attach music, and add titles/credits using Professional Stop Animation software.
This program offered with our partner, LetGoYourMind.
At a Glance:
- 1:7 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.