LEGO Amusement Thrill Rides, Stop Motion Animation & Minecraft Amusement Park
Week Three: June 24- 28, 2024
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 2-3
Channel your inner Master Builder and create your very own LEGO amusement park thrill rides
where Everything is Awesome! Before each LEGO brick creation, staff will discuss key engineering and physics concepts with the children and how they relate to our LEGO rides. Students will build LEGO brick cars using axles, gears, pulleys, battery packs, and motors. In addition, children will code their LEGO builds using a drag-and-drop-based interface using Bluetooth technology. During Minecraft time, students will design a Minecraft amusement park with rides, games and themed areas. In the afternoon, students will create their own mini movie set, learn the parts of a story and create an animated movie using LEGO mini figures and other objects. The students will also learn how to edit their films, attach music, and add titles/credits using Professional Stop Animation software.
This camp is presented with our program partner LetGoYourMind.
At a Glance:
- 1:7 program specialized instructor ratio within each group
- Co-ed groupings
- Access to state-of-the art facilities and technology
- Summer at St. John’s counselor team to provide extra staffing where needed
- Exploration campers do not swim, unless the program specifically states it
- Click here to view our Summer 2024 Policies, including deposit and refund information
What to Pack in Your Backpack:
- Refillable water bottle
- Nut free lunch and snack
- Light layer as the A/C will be on in buildings
- Sunscreen – applied before coming and reapplied frequently
- Please label all belongings with a first and last name
Join us for Camp Open house on Saturday June 8, 2024. Our whole team will be on campus from 1-3pm to show you around, and answer any questions you may have.