Dates Vary, See Chart
Massachusetts Driver’s license requirement for teens under 18
- Each student must complete a 30-hour classroom instruction course.
- One parent must complete a 2-hour class. This class is current for four years. If parents have already taken this course they must provide a certificate of completion from the school where the class was attended.
- Each student must complete 12 hours of on-the-road driving instruction.
- Each student must complete 6 hours of on-the-road observation.
- Students must have a Certificate of Completion of classroom instruction.